Apr 20, 2012

100 Days

I heard time flies,but I never knew it flies at the speed of light...now how long does it take to reach 100days?
Apparently not 100 days,much lesser..the calendar tells me that Im not making sense but ohcmon,you're just a calendar...

Looking back,it was not so long ago when i was forced to live the living nightmares of camels,in this barren desert...filled with nothing but rich camels driving luxury cars and those arabs....oh wait..which is which,again?
I cant remember anymore...does animal dress in all covered black dresses with luxury cars or the arabs sit on all fours carrying travellers in the desert?

Orik.Now thats that weird cross between a goat and a deer with antennas on it...that silly animal that lives in this land.If you can make sense of how it looks like,try seeing the tail of a Qatar Airways plane.That silly animal.Not much differentiates animals from animals here.If you know what I mean.From what I heard that they get paid alot...wikipedia tells me the biggest resource of natural gas is found deep below this desert.I was impressed...how I wish they had found the reservoirs of good manners.That would come in handy.Maybe just maybe people will start liking you but Hey! Dont get over excited about this,there is still a big chance that those reservoirs will not come to any good use.

Zaman Jahilliah,thats in Malay.In English,its translated as the Age of Barbarians.History back in school thought me,that before religion prevailed in this land of sands stone deserts,it was the time of Jahiliah.They say it was an age of ignorance,where man indulged in their desires,doing what they want when they want and man was without guidance.Put money into the equation cancels the civilization brought in my religion,and man after money becomes exactly as how man was before religion.The example of civilization being undone has been quite obvious here.

The hundred days has been good for the body,all that waking up to work thing is paying some good cause to my body.But still a long way to undo all those damages done during college days.A few would understand this.
For someone with a faulty nose,it has been a good times here.Weather hasn't been that kind but the nose has not been much of a nuisance.Ahh,weather.Since the day I arrived, weather has been an issue.In the beginning of time here,it would drop to below 10 or 9celsius.Those were some fuckin cold days.Understand that others have seen worse but for someone who has 0.0000001 almost negligble body fat, surviving the cold itself feels like victory.The weather has since subsided to more of a Malaysian weather,in the past month or so.Thats good.The bad is that,summer is just starting.Embrace yourselfs, 55degrees celsius of average temperature can toast even the rowdiest camels.And I look forward in seeing the ladies here in their summer dresses,I wonder how different it would be from the black curtains they wear now.

Work has been the best part of the 100days.Now when you realize you have just said that,you would also realize how lifeless you have been.But,what the heck.The future is bright and I earn good notes.The hard work comes with loads of patience.Bear Grylls once said in a place where everything is constantly ever changing,being adaptive is man's most important skill.I am holding on to that advice.Being adaptive and putting effort.Newton was right too.For every force being applied,there is a force of equal magnitude in the opposite direction.For the time I have been applying force here day in day out,I have received equal amount of respect and been acknowledged.Thats what I call job satisfaction.

Friends and peers has been aplenty.Speaking 4languages does help make friends in almost all directions.Most people have been kind especially Malaysians.Unity beyond our races,its been 1Malaysia over here in Doha.Had some pretty good times and many-many more to come.

Life has been different,100 days has shown what really matters in life, who really matters and why they do.Being far away from the storm gives me the clear picture of the storm,being far away from my life,it gives me the clear picture of what I have left behind.Family,good friends,good times and a beautiful country.




No comments: